Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cupcakes in NYC

When Michale and I were in NYC couple of weeks ago, we hit three places that were known for selling great cupcakes. Here's a picture of the box from Magnolia Bakery.


I wanted to taste a cupcake from each bakery I had on my list, okay I know that wouldn't be possible since the list consisted of over 20 places. So I select the top three from my list and at each place I always ordered the same kind, yellow cupcake with butter cream frosting. The frosting color may have changed from pink to blue to yellow but the color did not change the flavor. All three had great cupcakes and I couldn't really decide which one was the best. Guess I'll have to try again in May When Michael, Valerie and Robin are in NYC for our yearly, long weekend. Other than Magnolia at 1240 Avenue of the Americas and 49th Street, Billy's Bakery 184 9th Avenue and Buttercup Bake Shop 973 2nd Avenue, between 51st and 52nd Street. Anyone of them is worth the trip.

No comments: