Sunday, January 11, 2009

Storming Sunday

What a week, spent three days up at my parents home helping my older sister Carol care for my mother. She's fading fast, hasn't eaten anything except bits of orange popsicles and ice chips for the last week. My three sisters, my brother and myself all hope she goes soon. My sister-in-law, Daisy has been a God send, she is holding us all together during this time. I want everyone to know that as sad as it is, we are also having a great time with my Mother, even though she is in pain she has a great sense of humor, she has kept us all laughing with what she comes out with. A hospital bed has been set up in the living room which is much better for her, my Dad is upset because my parents have always slept in bed together. My Mom is 82 and my Dad is 86 and have know each other since they were teenagers, my father lived in Winthrop and my mother lived in East Boston on the Winthrop line. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts.
Seems like we've been having storms all winter, it started to snow last night and and this morning it changed over to rain, then about an hour ago back to snow, just looked out the window, it's raining again. I'm not looking forward getting out there to shovel, it's going to feel like I'm shoveling cement. It's time like this I wished lived in a city. My two younger nephews, Patrick and Matthew, did well in college for their first semester. My niece Kaitie, after two years in college decide she wanted to be a hairdresser, just graduated from hairdressing school and is very happy she is following what she wants to do.

No comments: