Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year - 2011

The last half of 2010 was a difficult year for me job wise. I was laid off from the May Institute as of 1 June. Loosing a job in this economy and at my age was/is rough. So for the last six month I have been collecting, looking for work that could use my job skills. After many resumes and job interviews, think it hit me that I'm old, yes it's true I am old but still have a lot of skills that I could bring to a new job and a fun personally to make the job interesting. Thought I would have worked till I was in my 70's. This this past Holiday season I have been working part time at the Pottery Barn in Mashpee Commons in Mashpee, Massachusetts. It's been fun and some people there think I'm too nice to everyone. I only work a few hours each week, not making much money, just a bit over minimum, now who really does make money in retail I ask you, but the discount is amazing 40%. I just wish I could stop spending. I'm sure my Mom is watching me, telling me to go for it, making her proud that I'm spending, I just know it.
Okay now your asking with all this time on my hands why wasn't I writing every day. I really can't say. Looking for a full time job seems like a full time job. If you haven't tried looking for a job try it sometime, it take a lot of your time.
There was a wedding at my house in August it was a very nice affair. Karyn and Robert were the bride and groom. The day couldn't have been better. If yo want to see picture I'd be more than happy to post them for you to see.
They use Casual Gourmet, cupcakes from Cup Cake Charlie's instead of a wedding cake, a sundae bar for dessert and a DJ for music and the Flower by East Sandwich Florist (their work is on par with Winston's of Boston) amazing job. by everyone.

No comments: