Friday, August 15, 2008

Wednesday update "My day of jury duty"

I got to the court house in Barstable Village well before the 8 am check in time on Wednesday. The waiting room was full with people and I was glad I was there at that time. At 8am one of the court officers check us in. My number for the day was twelve. We all sat in the Superior courtroom and watch a tape on why we were there. What a great looking courtroom, wish I had my camera to take a few pictures. From there we all went to three jury rooms to wait. The court officer wanted everyone from one to eighteen to follow him and we walked across the court yard over to the district court. at 11:45 am the judge came in and talk to us about how it was important we were there. Once all the care were reviewed and there would be more than enough jurist all the case but two were settled without a jury and the other two cares opted for the judge and not jury to hear their cases. So we were free to enjoy the rest of the day. Wednesday we a perfect Cape summer day, sunny and warm.



Here's a picture of the Barnstable Courthouse

No comments: